Lutheran Service Builder provides access to all the worship elements within Lutheran Service Book, but we understand that our users want to create their own worship elements. That’s why My Worship Resources is included.
My Worship Resources has more options for customizing content than most people need, but using the feature is a very manual process. To create a new element in My Worship Resources, users have always had to start from a blank canvas. This is no longer necessary with the introduction of a new feature: the ability to copy and edit existing worship elements in My Worship Resources. With this new feature, any existing element can serve as a starting point for a new worship element.
How Does it Work?
Here is how to copy content from My Worship Resources into a new worship element:
- While preparing a bulletin or presentation, select an element.
- In the top menu, or by right-clicking the element, click Edit. This will copy the element to My Worship Resources and direct you to the editing screen.
- Make the necessary changes and click Save.
- Rename the element by double-clicking on the name, typing the new name, and pressing Enter to save it.
That’s it! The edited element will be automatically inserted into your service and will also be available to use in future services. The original element will be unchanged and still available to use as well.
When Would I Use This?
Here are some situations in which you can use this new feature:
- Making changes to worship elements after exporting. We have heard from many users that they have one process for creating a service in Lutheran Service Builder and a separate process for making changes to the service after they export the file to their word processor. Some post-export changes may still be necessary, but we hope the majority of these can be done in Lutheran Service Builder, saving you time both now and in the future.
- Changing formatting in ways that can’t be done with bulletin formats. Some worship elements include line breaks or indentation that users may want to change, but they can’t make those changes in the Bulletin or Presentation formats. In My Worship Resources, you can now edit those elements and re-use them in the future.
- Creating new worship elements using existing elements. Sometimes it’s easier to start from something existing than from a blank canvas. Any element can serve as the launching point for something new and unique.
We hope you enjoy using this new feature, and we would love to hear how you choose to use it. If you have any questions about this new feature, please contact the CTS software support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 346-6120.